School District Releases Coronavirus Message
Dear MHASD Community, The Mount Horeb Area School District values the health and well-being of our students, staff and families. As you know we work hard throughout the year to promote healthy schools and safety is always our priority. As the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) share more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) we want you to know that we are getting frequent updates. Our dedicated school nurses are working alongside school administrators to plan and respond to emerging communicable disease concerns and are following the guidance of the Madison- Dane County Public Health Department, Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and CDC recommendations. The most consistent message we are hearing from public health experts is that the best way to prevent exposure to germs is to use everyday preventive actions.
Please practice and review the following bullet points with your family:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
· Stay home when you are sick;
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow; and
· Wash hands frequently with soap and water As part of our plan, your schools are doing the following:
· All students and staff have access to and are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water;
· Wall mounted hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our buildings;
· We always have a Flu prevention campaign in our Flu season months and will continue to promote this;
· Our Building and Grounds staff work hard to clean our buildings paying special attention to all shared surfaces and will continue to do so; and
· If your student is scheduled to participate with an out of state field trip, our administration and trip advisors will assess the safety of attending as current information is available. If your student is not feeling well enough to attend school please call the school office. When you call the office, the staff will ask if you would be open to sharing the symptoms your child is having. This request permits us to follow the symptom’s trends and is held in the confidence. We appreciate your help with this. Listed below are several links to local, state and national sites for up to date information. Centers for Disease Control information about COVID-19
· https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Wisconsin Department of Health Services information about COVID-19:
· https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02592s.pdf Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction webpage:
· https://dpi.wi.gov/sspw/2019-novel-coronavirus The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving and changing. We can absolutely appreciate the uncertainty involved. We plan to keep you informed as we receive applicable updates. We encourage you to contact our district nurses if you have further questions. Pam Schaal 4k- 5th grade firstname.lastname@example.org CJ Goodwin 6th- 12th grade email@example.com Of course, if I may ever be of service to you/your family, please feel free to reach out directly to me at 608-437-7010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.